Recent Posts

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies

For Father's Day I got Morgan one of his favorite magazines. This particular edition was America's Test Kitchen's 10th Anniversary Edition featuring the best recipes in the last 10 years of their hit television show. I was thumbing through the magazine looking for the dessert section and I came across what should have been a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe. It seemed quite involved and a lot of work compared to the recipe on the back of the bag of chocolate chips I usually use, but something compelled me to try it anyways.

Wow, I'm glad I did. America's Test Kitchen doesn't mess around, these are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had! This recipe is definitely more time consuming but well worth it. I believe the key to this recipe is the browned butter. It gave the cookies a great nutty butter flavor and added so much depth to the cookie. The added bonus was the fact that the consistency of these cookies were fabulous. It took us a week to eat the batch but they stayed fresh and perfect, a little crunch on the outside and still soft in the middle. These are delicious!

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/detail.php?docid=19364

0 comments:

Post a Comment