Recent Posts

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wedding Cake Practice

I'm just going to put it out there now. You are from this time until September 10th going to see a lot of posts about 'Wedding Cake Practice'. I am officially making my first wedding cake and have approximately 3 more weeks to make sure that it is the most perfect and delicious wedding cake ever

The bride and her fiance have decided on a three tier square cake decorated with rhinestones and ribbon. It is going to look fabulous I am absolutely sure. My quest now is to make sure that it will taste as good as it looks. I am looking to bake the best white cake with vanilla buttercream and filled with raspberry preserves that I can possibly whip up.

To date, there have been multiple versions of this cake. I will not bore you with a litany of all the pros and cons of each, but I think I have finally found the perfect recipe!

Below are few pics of my practice cakes. I had to make them look pretty even if they didn't pass the ultimate taste test.

More practice to follow...



0 comments:

Post a Comment