Recent Posts

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Mom's Birthday Cake

A lot of things were going on this weekend.

1.My sister has been is town and we have been spending as much time as we can with her since we have not seen her since this time last year.
2. I am making a tasting cake for the bride and groom of the wedding I am doing in 3 weeks.
3.My whole family is coming over for a BBQ to see my sister and her boyfriend before they have to leave to go back to AZ.
4. It's my mom's birthday.

So, what do I do?...I make a lot of cake!

I decided that the best way to go would be to make a double recipe of the tasting cake I was making for the bride and groom and use that as the batter for my mom's cake as well. This way, not only am I pretty positive it tastes good (I've tried a lot of recipes to get to this one), but I will also have a captive cake eating audience to be additional taste testers for my wedding cake.

It turned out great. Everyone loved the cake...even if they did think that my end product with decorations and all did resemble a ladies hat. I love you guys anyway.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I don;t know where they are getting their hats from these days but i see no hat! it is beautiful....as always.

Post a Comment