Recent Posts

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes

Everyone in my family loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I would not be surprised if 1 or more of us consumed one of these each day. So, when I went looking for a cupcake recipe this week it seemed the only natural choice. Owing to the fact that I am doing a lot of baking (wedding cake in three weeks remember..I'm practicing) I was looking for a recipe that would be fairly simple but still super yummy. My idea for the peanut butter & jelly cupcake was just that...super easy.

I started with my tried and true best vanilla cupcake bottom and piped store bought strawberry jelly directly into the center of the baked and cooled cupcake bottoms. I then topped it with the awesome peanut butter buttercream I used for my chocolate and peanut butter cupcake from a previous post...and voila!...a perfect peanut butter & jelly cupcake!

And by 'perfect' I mean it tasted exactly like a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Both myself and many taste testers really enjoyed these cupcakes and most people were truly surprised at how much this really tasted like peanut butter and jelly. My husband's reaction was undeniably true though..."Why wouldn't you just eat a peanut butter & jelly sandwich then?" This is true but eliminates the true cupcake eating experience. It is a a sweet little treat. A small little cake made just for you. It's the perfect size for one person and it's yours. You don't have to share it because it is most likely that everyone else in the room has one too. It's cute and if done right should definitely make you smile. I like the peanut butter & jelly cupcake and wouldn't change a thing about it. H
having this cupcake taste almost exactly like it's inspiration is a much better way to go than being a lack luster imitation!

Overall Rating: 4.8 out of 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment