Recent Posts

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Anemone Bridal Shower Cupcakes

I made these cupcake for a friend who was hosting a bridal shower a couple of weeks ago. I saw a picture of these gumpaste flowers in a magazine and have been wanting to make them ever since. The bride's colors are black and white with hints of hot pink, so putting the cupcake in a hot pink cupcake liner made these super fun and helped to personalize her bridal shower just that much more. I used my best vanilla cupcake recipe topped with mu favorite vanillla buttercream and then added the gumpaste flowers on top. Don't get me wrong, I think the flowers turned out great, but they were a bear to make. Not necessarily hard, but they were very time consuming. Rolling, cutting, veining, ruffling, drying, inserting individual stamen, sugar crystals, assembly, and luster dusting times 30! Whew! But they turned out gorgeous. I loved them.

P.S. So gorgeous that the bride actually contacted me and asked me to make her wedding cake. My first wedding cake! Yeah! Look for the post mid-September.



1 comments:

Unknown said...

i love them no wonder the bride wants you to make the wedding cake....are you using the same flowers....oh i can't wait.....to see the wedding cake......

Post a Comment