Recent Posts

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Plants vs. Zombies Cake

I just learned about Plants vs Zombies when my husband downloaded it onto my iPhone a couple of weeks ago. I've never been into video games but caught myself playing this on my phone when I had a few minutes to spare (or laying in bed before going to sleep. Shhh, don't tell!) So, when I got an email from someone looking for a Plants vs Zombies cake and the lady wanted to know if I had ever even heard of this game, we had a good laugh.

At first, I was a little overwhelmed with the number of gumpaste figures I was going to have to sculpt. Sculpting figures is not something that I have spent a lot of time doing and I am always a little nervous that everything will not turn out exactly the way it is supposed to look. However, once I got going, I had the best time. Each figure looked better than the rest and when I finally got to put all of the pieces together I was really happy with it.

The best part was how loud the birthday boy yelled "Whoa!" when I delivered it yesterday. That made the whole thing worth while.

Happy Birthday Nico! I hope you had a super special day!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome !!! Came across this while researching if there were any PvZ cake toppers available for my son's Birthday cake; unfortunatly, there are not. Maybe, I'll just go with a custom edible decal.

Great job though !!!

Anonymous said...

So great! Where did you source the slim, metal hangars?

Post a Comment