Recent Posts

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dragonfly Wedding Cake

So on 1-1-11, my mom and Charlie got married. We celebrated the following weekend with a small family gathering at their house...and I brought the cake. Are you surprised?

The newlyweds love dragonflies, so I made that the theme of the cake. It is red velvet with cream cheese filling covered in white fondant. I piped on the swirling dots with royal icing and used a real ribbon accent. I molded the dragonfly from gumpaste and hand pained him with blue, green and ivory luster dusts.

Congratulations Mom & Charlie!



2 comments:

CEPorter said...

Not only was it a beautiful cake, but the flavor was awesome, The company was great, and the memories will last a lifetime.

Thanks Erin !

Anonymous said...

The cake brings tears to my eyes. The dragonfly has a permanent spot on the shelf unit in the living room. We will cherish if forever!

XO
Mom

Post a Comment