Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Buddy and Me

Now, I am not someone who is really that into famous people. I didn't have walls plastered with pictures on the New Kids on the Block growing up, I've never waited for hours in line for tickets to a band or show, and as far as having any pictures of mayself with famous people goes, the characters from Disneyland are about as good as it gets. It's not really that I don't care or that I am not interested, I guess...I'm just busy? Really, I have no reason, maybe the opportunity has just never presented itslef.

The week after I took the Mad Hatter Cake Class from Kaysie Lackey at the People's Cake, I found out that Buddy Valastro, The Cake Boss, would be appearing at a local bookstore. I got really excited. Here is my reasoning... I had just taken a class from Kaysie Lackey, ownier of The People's Cake, and she is famous in cake maker cirles for her appearances on Food Networks' Cake Challenges. During her class, we had our picture taken with her and our almost completed cakes. When I saw that I could meet Buddy and have a picture taken with him too, I pictured eventuelly having my own small little cake shop with my own celebrity wall, pictures of myself and all of my new famous "cake friends". Cool right?

So, after convincing Slugger to come with me (there was really no convincing needed, as there may have been a fair amount of squealing when presented with the offer ;)), off we went the meet Buddy.

Buddy is as animated in person as he is on his show, and although we only talked to him for a few minutes, the entire experience was a great time...even if we never did meet Mia Familia. ;)


Me & Buddy


Me, Buddy & Slugger

0 comments:

Post a Comment